Many peoples don’t pay much attention to the light switches in their homes. Majority of these switches last for decades without issues other than regular maintenance. Constant use will make them wear and after sometimes you will discover some signs of failure. Some of the signs are a little more subtle while others are obvious. Here are some of the most common signs of trouble.
1. Sparking switches
In most cases, it is normal to see a spark coming from inside a switch when you turn off. Usually, this problem is caused by a load arc when the power
2. Noisy switch
If the switch is faulty, it can make a variety of sound effects. These effects can either be: buzzing or popping. These sound effects are mostly caused by loose wire connections. Therefore, if you observe such sounds, then replace the defective switch. However, if it is the dimmer switch that produces the sound, you need to investigate the light bulb itself before replacing the switch.
3. Switch starts behaving differently
When something seems suddenly different with a light switch you have been using continuously for years, don’t ignore it. For example, if the switch became warmer or stiffer than usual, then it should be replaced without hesitating. Failure to replace it may bring about much trouble such as fire and other serious hazards. Though it is normal for the switch to feel a little warm, replace it when it is uncomfortably hot.
In short, if any of the signs above is observed replace the light switch.…